Urgent Health Problems

When the Medical Centre is Closed

At times when the medical centre is closed: At night, weekends & public holidays calls will be dealt with by the 'Swindon out of hours service'.

After phoning 111, your details will be taken by a receptionist & passed to someone who will triage your symptoms. They may give you advice, ask you to attend an emergency surgery, or occasionally if you are too unwell to leave home or are elderly & housebound a home visit by a paramedic, nurse or doctor will be arranged.

If you are very unwell an emergency ambulance may be arranged to take you straight to hospital.